Position: Food Bank Garden Assistant (summer student position) for W.E. Graham Community Service Society (WEGCSS)
Contract position: 30hrs/wk $15.50/per hr
About WEGCSS: WE Graham Community Service Society provides programs and services to residents of the rural Slocan Valley. Where possible, WEGCSS also refers people to the services of other local organizations.
In creative and ongoing partnerships with regional services and organizations, we provide inclusive and accessible opportunities in support of a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. We strive to remain responsive to the current needs of Slocan Valley residents and to enhance the quality of life for all.
Role: Assist Garden Manager in garden duties
- Building soil
- Expanding garden beds
- Constructing raised beds
- Fence building
- Seeding crops
- Garden maintenance
- Weed whacking and lawn mowing around garden area.
- Assisting with processing surplus food that can be given out in our other programs.
- Assisting with our inter-generational cooking/garden program
- Supporting volunteer tasks
- Experience doing yard and garden work.
- Capable of doing demanding physical work.
- Able to work alone or with others cooperatively.
- Between the age 15-30 (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year.
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year.
- A student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational, or technical program
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person whom refugee protection has been confirmed.
Hours of Work:
- 30 hrs./week
- Start Date: July.5th, 2021.
- Job end date: 9 weeks from starting date
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June.18th/2021