Job Title: Learning Centre Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Role: Manage day to day operations of the Learning Centre & Computer Lab as well as provide tech support to WEGCSS.
• Coordinates the design, promotion and participation of community directed programming in the Learning Centre & Computer Lab.
• Attends bi-weekly staff meetings.
• Manages services provided to the community & ensures community priorities are identified and supported.
• Oversees Learning Centre volunteers (e.g. recruitment, screening, training, monitoring, and all related paperwork) and reports to Executive Director.
• Responds to technical needs of the Learning Centre & Computer Lab as well as the WEGCSS office.
• Funding pending this role will also teach and facilitate tech and computer literacy related courses to the public.
• Develops and manages the program budget.
• Develops and maintains program data (e.g. website updates, stats)
• Manages resources(e.g. policy and procedure manuals)
• Provides training for participating volunteers (e.g. organizes, and oversees)
• Schedules a variety of activities (e.g. volunteer coverage, facilities usage)
• Provides monthly reports and stats to Executive Director.
• Evaluates program outcomes, successes, impacts, and shortcomings.
• Ensures transparent and accountable financial management of the Learning Centre & Computer Lab monies.
• Designs and utilizes systems for record keeping and statistics.
3. Liaise with Funders and Community Partners
• Collaborates with all partners regarding implementation of and coordination of services (e.g. funders, community organizations and participants)
• Writes small grant applications and other supplemental funding applications.
• Encourages and develops community partnerships and volunteers.
4. Perform other related duties when required and approved by the Executive Director.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Experience in a managerial role
• Tech and computer skills
• Office 365, Word, Excel and other programs
• Volunteer recruitment, orientation and retention
• Clear and effective communication skills
• Skills such as coding, 3D printing, robotics, music production and recording an asset
• Experience with creating & managing community programs
• Post-secondary education or equivalent experience, relevant to tech, management, and/or coordination
• Minimum 1 years’ experience managing programs and volunteers
• Ability to effectively work with volunteers
• Ability to administer programs
• Effective verbal, presentation, active listening and communication skills
• Knowledge of budgeting and/or bookkeeping
• Strong ability to work independently
• Experience with social media, marketing and promotion
• Has an understanding of best practices surrounding programming and services
• Criminal Record Check including vulnerable populations check
HOURS OF WORK:
- 8 hours per week
- Extra hours may be added to facilitate workshops and programs (funding pending)
- $20 per hour
*Position to start end of January*
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 7th at 5pm