Contract Position 25 hrs./week $18/hr.
About WEGCSS: WE Graham Community Service Society provides programs and services to residents of the rural Slocan Valley. Where possible, WEGCSS also refers people to the services of other local organizations.
In creative and ongoing partnerships with regional services and organizations, we provide inclusive and accessible opportunities in support of a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. We strive to remain responsive to the current needs of Slocan Valley residents and to enhance the quality of life for all.
About the position: Our busy, client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized Office Manger to handle our day-to-day operations. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and administrative support to our employees. We welcome candidates who are driven team players with a passion to better our community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee all office activities.
- Welcome clients in person and on the phone.
- Maintain effective paper and electronic document filing systems.
- Track and record program numbers using various software programs.
- Track, record, and pay bills on an ongoing basis.
- Provides support and assistance to management on confidential and sensitive issues requiring discretion.
- Create and design program promotional material including posters, advertisements, and other types of print and online media.
- Respond to general inquiries from the public providing information, assistance, and support as needed.
- Friendly disposition, personable and able to build harmonious working relationships with clients, colleagues, organization partners & members of the general public.
- Ability to maintain and preserve confidentiality and act with tact and diplomacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Superior ability and proven attention to detail in document preparation and management.
- Knowledge of current community resources in the Slocan Valley; social and cultural awareness, and sensitivity is an asset.
- Able to multi-task, handle changing priorities & work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Sumac, Link2Feed, WordPress and/or Sage Accounting an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience. Post-secondary diploma in an administration field would be considered an asset.
- Two years of experience in a fast-paced administrative role
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products including Office 365, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, April 16, 2021.
For more information, please call Sayre Knight or Chantal Smith at 250-355-2484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.