Important Update for the Duration of the Covid-19 Pandemic:
Food Bank will be mmodified for the health & safety of all. Lunch is cancelled & boxes will be handed out from the Food Bank doors. Boxes will be pre-packed. Please practice physical distancing with other Food Bank patrons when you pick up. Dress warmly, as the building will be closed to public.
Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, the Slocan Valley Food Cupboard provides supplemental groceries to those in need.See it on the calendar
How It Works
- 10:30 AM – Coffee served in the Food Bank kitchen. Take a number to hold your place in line for food distribution.
- Families, you are invited to request a family number, from the Office Manager. This gives you priority in line. Family numbers are given out between 10:30 – 11:00 AM. If you arrive later than this, there might not be any family numbers left.
- 11:00 AM – Doors open. Lunch is served and numbers begin being called for food distribution.
- Please bring proof of address when registering. You must renew your registration each new year.
- Please bring your own bags or box.
Provide sources of protein for the Food Bank? Please contact us.
- We value honesty and integrity both with our staff, volunteers and with the public we serve.
- We value working in partnership with the community and the local businesses throughout the Slocan Valley.
- We value organizational resilience and believe that strong management practices are essential to our mission.
- We value and respect those that we serve, and will not turn anyone away as long as we have food to distribute.
- We value and appreciate our volunteers and staff.
- We value and appreciate all the local businesses that support us both with food donations, time and general support.