Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, the Slocan Valley Food Cupboard provides supplemental groceries to those in need.See it on the calendar
How It Works
- 10:00 AM – Coffee and tea is served. Take a number to hold your place in line for food distribution.
- Families, you are invited to request a family number, which gives you priority in line. Family numbers are given out between 10:00 – 10:15 AM. If you arrive later than this, there might not be any family numbers left.
- 11:00 AM – Doors open. Lunch is served and numbers begin being called for food distribution.
- Please bring proof of address when registering. You must renew your registration each new year.
- Please bring your own bags or box.
Provide sources of protein for the Food Bank? Please contact us.
- We value honesty and integrity both with our staff, volunteers and with the public we serve.
- We value working in partnership with the community and the local businesses throughout the Slocan Valley.
- We value organizational resilience and believe that strong management practices are essential to our mission.
- We value and respect those that we serve, and will not turn anyone away as long as we have food to distribute.
- We value and appreciate our volunteers and staff.
- We value and appreciate all the local businesses that support us both with food donations, time and general support.