Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 24, 2020.
Contract Position 12 hrs/week $25/hr
About ASSAI: The Initiative’s programs aim to help students develop skills that contribute to a healthy life through creative thinking and physical activity. At the same time, students develop confidence in their abilities and a stronger connection to their schools, classmates, program leaders and community.
About the position: The ASSAI Program Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, developing, coordinating and implementing of activities and events for children ages 6-14 at designated schools throughout the school year for the ASSAI program based on the Program Plan.
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities:
Organization and Coordination:
- Oversee and manage the registration process.
- Coordinate, oversee and implement recreational art and sport activities for the ASSAI program.
- Ensure safety of program participants.
- Organize and coordinate professional development sessions.
- Track measurement and evaluation of program outcomes and impact.
- Evaluate programs to ensure effectiveness.
- Research and develop new and innovate ways to improve programs.
- Coordinate and facilitate engaging activities.
Communication and Facilitation:
- Communicate with the WEGCSS Executive Director and the School principal regarding high priority and sensitive items.
- Create and design program promotional material including posters, advertisements and other types of print and online media.
- Promote the programming where appropriate including in schools.
- Respond to general inquiries from the public, schools, and parents.
- Liaise and promote program with community partners.
- Train and supervise hired program leaders.
- Supervise program participants and be able to communicate with parents when necessary.
- Ensure that rules, regulations and policies of ASSAI program and their respective partners are adhered to.
- Ensure participant information is kept up to date, organized and confidential (i.e. completed registration forms, field trip permission forms, surveys).
- Prepare annual budget and provide regular reporting to BC Prov. ASSAI
- Track spending, adhere to annual budget and pay schedules for payment to staff.
- Purchase materials when necessary including food.
- Ensure sufficient material and supplies are on hand for appropriate programs.
- Perform other duties as needed, including clean up after program.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative but not all inclusive. Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid Criminal Record Check.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in education, social work, human services or a related discipline.
- 2 or more years of experience working with children and youth.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license are required.
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of current community resources in the Slocan Valley; social and cultural awareness, and sensitivity is an asset.
- Knowledge of trauma informed practices an asset.
For more information please call Sayre Knight or Chantal Smith at 250-355-2484 or email email@example.com.