W.E. Graham Community Service Society
Executive Director (Maternity Leave Posting)
W.E. Graham Community Service Society is currently seeking an Executive Director under a maternity leave contract from May 2020 to December 2021.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
- Managing the day to day operations of the organization.
- Assuming the duties of Day Care Manager.
- Providing leadership for planning and meeting long term objectives outline in the WEGCSS Strategic Plan.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the Board.
- Working with and providing support to all Program Managers, Volunteers, Contract Workers, and Staff.
- Overseeing the functions of the Book Keeper.
- Adhering to fiscal and all WEGCSS policies and procedures.
- Hiring and effectively supervising staff and contractors.
- Overseeing volunteers and working in conjunction with the Board and Staff to recruit and supervise volunteers.
- Providing orientation and training to staff and volunteers.
- Researching funding partnership and funding opportunities.
- Building public relations and partnerships with government, educational institutions, businesses, non-profit organizations and individuals within the community.
- Sharing ideas and solutions with the Board, Staff, Contractors, and Volunteers.
- Ensuring that the Board is well informed about daily operations, challenges, and risks.
- Assisting in the formulation of policies and procedures.
- Acquiring funds and resources and preparing reports to funders.
- Keeping up to date with current and emerging community issues.
- Participating in Board meetings and in general meetings of the membership.
- Coordinating with the school administration to provide services, programs, and materials.
- Completing Payroll bi-weekly.
- And any other duties that may be assigned to the Executive Director by WEGCSS Board from time to time.
Salary: To be discussed.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact:
Miryam Bishop at email@example.com or by phone at 250-355-2484.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume outlining their experience, education, 3 references and a cover letter at:
firstname.lastname@example.org, OR by mail/in person at W.E. Graham Community Service Society, P.O. Box 10 1001 Harold Street Slocan, BC, V0G 2C0.
Closing Date: Wednesday April 1st at 5 pm.
All candidates are thanked in advance for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.